MANILA, the Philippines – The results for the November 2019 Philippine bar examination released today April 29, 2020 (Wednesday). The full list of passers and top notchers or top twenty (20) passers is reproduced here, courtesy of SC.
The Philippine BAR Exams have been given at the University of Santo Tomas (UST), España, Manila on all Sundays of November 2019 (3, 10, 17 & 24). It is the licensure exam that requires the takers to answer full essay type questions.
About 8,245 are expected to take the exams but the numbers of examinees after November 3 go down to 7,699 and eventually reduced to 7,691 on November 10.
Last year, the country welcomed 1,724 new lawyers, posting a 25.5% passing rate.
2019 BAR EXAM RESULT SUMMARY
The oathtaking of the successful #BAR2019 candidates will be announced soon.
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION
The examination covered the following topics and their associated sub-topic, popularly known as the bar subjects:
- Political Law – Preliminary provisions and basic concepts, legislative department, executive department, judicial department, constitutional commissions, bill of rights, citizenship, the law on public officers, administrative law, election law, local governments, national economy and patrimony, social justice and human rights, education, science, technology, arts, culture and sports, the family, amendments or revisions of the constitution and public international law.
- Labor Law – General provisions, pre-employment, labor standards, social welfare legislation, labor relations, post-employment, management prerogative and jurisdiction and reliefs.
- Civil Law – General principles, person & family relations, property, succession, obligations and contracts, sales, lease, partnership, agency, credit transactions, land titles and deeds and torts and damages.
- Taxation Law – General principles, national taxation, local taxation and judicial remedies.
- Mercantile Law – Letters of credit and trust receipts, negotiable instruments law, insurance, transportation, corporation law, securities regulation code, banking, intellectual property code, anti-money laundering act, electronic commerce act, data privacy act and financial rehabilitation, insolvency, liquidation and suspension of payments.
- Criminal Law – Revised penal code – book 1 and 2, special laws including anti-arson law, anti-fencing law, anti-graft and corrupt practices act, anti-hazing act of 2018, anti-hijacking law, anti-photo and video voyeurism act of 2009, anti-plunder act, bouncing checks law, cyber-crime prevention act of 2012, among others.
- Remedial Law – General principles, jurisdiction, civil procedure, provisional remedies, special civil actions, special proceedings, criminal procedure, evidence, write of “AMPARO”, writ of “HABEAS DATA”, and rules of procedure on environmental cases.
- Legal and Judicial Ethics and Practical Exercises
FACTS BAR RESULT
Table 1.0 Summary of bar exam results in the last eighteen (19) years.
|Year||No. of Takers||No. of Passers||Passing Rate|
To receive an update on the 2019 Bar Exam Results visit SC official website or follow us on our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter. And you may bookmark this page for easy access. – Philboardresults.com