The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and Professional Regulatory Board of Architecture (PRBoA) set out the program and schedules for the January 2020 Architect Licensure Examination (ALE), also known as Architects Board Exam.
DATE & PLACE OF EXAMINATION
The above-mentioned board exam will be set on January 24 & 26, 2020 in a selected school located in cities of Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Legazpi and Zamboanga testing centers.
FILING OF APPLICATION
The opening of online processing will start on October 23, 2019, and the deadline for application is on December 26, 2019.
QUALIFICATION FOR ARCHITECTURE EXAMINATION
Any person applying for architecture examination must establish to the satisfaction of the Board that:
- A Filipino citizen or a citizen of a foreign country qualified to take the examination as provided for in this Act;
- Possess a good moral character;
- He/she is a holder of a degree of Bachelor of Science in Architecture conferred by a school, college, academy or institute duly recognized and/or accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and in addition has a specific record of at least two (2) years or equivalent of diversified architectural experience duly certified by a registered/licensed architect: Provided, however, That an applicant holding a Master’s Degree in Architecture from a school, college, university or institute recognized by the government shall be credited
one (1) year in his/her practical experience; and
- He/she has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
ITINERARY OF EXAMINATION
|Architects (ALE) Board Exam Schedule|
|Friday, January 24, 2020|
|6:30 A.M. – &:45 AM||General Instructions / Filing out of Forms|
|8:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.||History and Theory of Architecture; Principles of Planning and Architectural|
|2:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.||Utilities System, Structural Conceptualization, Building Materials and Construction||30%|
|Sunday, January 26, 2020|
|8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.||Architectural Design and Site Planning||40%|
As instruction given by PRC, on the day of the examination, all examinees must report to the school/building/room assignment not later than 6:30 A.M. Late examinees will not be admitted, examination fees for late examinees will also be forfeited.
Examinees are required to observe the dress code of plain white polo shirt with decent pants or slacks.
Also, examinees shall bring the following requirements on examination proper. The Notice of Admission (NOA), Official Receipt, Pencils No. 1 or 2/ Black ink ballpen, metered-stamped mailing envelope, long brown and plastic/transparent envelopes.
Examinees will be ground for cancellation of examination when they are non-compliance with test instructions.
Do not bring the following inside the examination rooms/premises: Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula; Programmable calculators; Mobile phone, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices; Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bag, attache case, backpack, etc.); other examination aides not stated in the program.
- On the second day of the examination, every candidate is required to bring to the examination room the following:
- architect scales (English & Metric Scales)
- 30 x 60 and 45-degree triangles
- non-programmable calculators
- pencils, drawing pens, erasers, graphed paper and other tools for sketching purposes
- a copy of Rules VII and VIII of the 2004 Revised IRR of P.D. No. 1096 “1977 National Building Code of the Philippines (NBCP)” which may be downloaded for free from the Latest Publication Section of the PRBoA Website.
- The candidate will not be allowed to leave the examination rooms, borrow anything or communicate with one another on any subject matter. Every candidate is required to bring his/her lunch and/or supper (placed inside to a transparent/plastic bag) during the examination. The proctors/room watchers will not allow any person to give or distribute food to any examinees while the examination is in progress.
RATING IN THE BOARD EXAM
To be qualified as having passed the licensure examination for architects, a candidate must obtain a weighted general average of seventy percent (70%), with no grade lower than fifty percent (50%) in any given subject.
The said Architecture board exam program is signed and approved by Arch. Robert S. Sac, Chairperson of Professional Regulatory Board of Architecture.
To receive an update from January 2020 Architects Board Exam visit PRC official website or follow us on our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter. And you may bookmark this page for easy access. – Philboardresults.com
Source: PRC Website