MANILA, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine (PRBoM) will conduct the March 2018 Physician Licensure Examination, also known as March 2018 Physician (Medicine) Board Exam.
DATE & PLACE OF EXAMINATION
The aforementioned physicians’ board exam will take place on March 4, 5, 11 & 12, 2018 in selected testing centers.
DATE OF FILING OF APPLICATION
The opening of online processing will start on December 1, 2017, and the deadline for application is on February 1, 2018.
Related Articles: PRC Physician Licensure Examination Requirements
LIST OF TESTING CENTERS
CANDIDATES FOR BOARD EXAMINATIONS
According to Republic Act No. 2382 title “The Medical Act of 1959” Article III Section 9 that the candidates for board examinations must have the following qualifications:
- He shall be a citizen of the Philippines or a citizen of any foreign country who has submitted competent and conclusive documentary evidence, confirmed by the Department of Foreign Affairs, showing that his country’s existing laws permit citizens of the Philippines to practice medicine under the same rules and regulations governing citizens thereof;
- He shall be of good moral character;
- He shall be of sound mind;
- He shall not have been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction of any offense involving moral turpitude;
- He shall be a holder of the degree of Doctor of Medicine or its equivalent conferred by a college of medicine duly recognized by the government; and
- He must have completed a calendar year of technical training known as internship the nature of which shall be prescribed by the Board of Medical Education undertaken in hospitals and health centers approved by the Board.
The four (4) days physician examinations covered the following topics: Biochemistry; Anatomy and Histology; Microbiology and Parasitology; Physiology; Legal Medicine, Ethics and Medical Jurisprudence, Pathology; Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Surgery and Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Rhinology; Medicine; Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Nutrition; Preventive Medicine and Public Health.
As instruction given by PRC, on the day of the examination, all examinees must report to the school/building/room assignment not later than 6:30 A.M. Late examinees will not be admitted, examination fees for late examinees will also be forfeited.
Examinees are required to wear their respective college uniform per Resolution No. 311 dated May 18, 1994.
Also, examinees shall bring the following requirements on examination proper. The Notice of Admission (NOA), Official Receipt, Pencils No. 1 or 2/ Black ink ballpen, metered-stamped mailing envelope, long brown and plastic/transparent envelopes.
Examinees will be ground for cancellation of examination when they are non-compliance with test instructions.
Do not bring the following inside the examination rooms/premises: Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula; Programmable calculators; Mobile phone, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices; Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bag, attache case, backpack, etc.); other examination aides not stated in the program.
To be a registered physician, the candidate must have obtained an average of at least seventy-five percent (75%) in all subjects, with no rating below fifty percent (50%) in any subject.
The said physician board exam program is signed and approved by Clarita C. Maano, M.D., Chairperson of Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine.
To receive an update from March 2018 Physician Board Exam visit PRC official website or follow us on our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter. And you may bookmark this page for easy access. – Philboardresults.com