Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) together with the Professional Regulatory Board of Real Estate Services (PRBRES) are responsible for conducting the Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Examination also known as Real Estate Appraisers Board Exam. Here are the requirements for the PRC licensure exam for Real Estate Appraisers.
Individuals who are interested in preparing for the Real Estate Brokers’ Licensure Examinations will need to qualify first, by complying with the following requirements:
This is based on Section 14 of the RESA Law IRR (RA 9646)
SECTION. 14. Qualification of Applicants for Examinations. In order to be admitted to the licensure examination for real estate service, a candidate at the time of filing his/her application shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board that he/she possesses the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the Philippines,
- A holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED; Provided, That he/she has completed at least one hundred twenty (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers, as may be determined by the Board; Provided, further, That as soon as a course leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Service is implemented by the CHED, the Board shall make this course a requirement for taking the licensure examination,
- Is of good moral character, and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude,
- An applicant for the licensure examination for real estate consultants must show proof that he/she has at least ten (10) years experience as a licensed real estate broker or an assessor, or as a bank, or institutional appraiser, or an employed person performing real property valuation, or at least five (5) years experience as a licensed real estate appraiser.
All applications for examination shall be filed with the Board who shall assess and approve said applications and issue to the qualified examinees the corresponding permits or notices of admission to take such examination upon submission of the following documents:
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth (NSO) and/or valid Philippine passport, or any others proof of citizenship,
- Original and photocopy of transcript of records and/or diploma with scanned picture,
- Original and photocopy of notarized certification by employer of his/her years of experience or pre-requisite Certificate of Registration (COR) and/or Professional Identification Card (PIC) or DTI license (for real estate consultants),
- Original and photocopy of NBI clearance,
- Original and photocopy of duly notarized accredited seminar and/or training certificate,
- Community tax certificate,
- Four (4) colored passport size pictures with white background and complete nametag and other documents in accordance with the requirements set by the Commission.
Additional requirements set by PRC:
- For married female applicant, they submit the NSO/PSA Married Contract.
- Upon the filing of an application, the candidate must pay the full payment of ₱900 pesos.
- First timers and repeaters candidate must submit a valid NBI clearance.
To receive an update from Real Estate Appraisers Board Exam visit PRC official website or follow us on our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter. And you may bookmark this page for easy access. – Philboardresults.com