The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announces the nationwide conduct of Career Service Examination, Pen and Paper (CSE-PPT) for Professional and SubProfessional Level for the Calendar Year 2017.
Every year, CSC conducted two sets of Career Service Examination also known as Civil Service Exam. Today, the first set of the examination was taken placed last March 12, 2017, and the second set is on August 6, 2017 (Sunday).
|Date of Examination||From||To|
|August 6, 2017||April 3, 2017||June 2, 2017|
According to CSC the acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
The objectives of this examination is to establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to first and second level positions in the civil service, except those involving practice of profession and/or are covered by special laws, shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions. If anyone passed it, they can even be eligible to apply as a police officer and join the PNP. The RoE may also be a reference for employment in the private sector.
August 6, 2017 CSE-PPT
|1||San Fernando City, La Union
Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
|3||City of San Fernando, Pampanga
Sta. Cruz, Laguna
Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
Puerto Princesa City
Catarman, Northern Samar
|10||Cagayan de Oro City|
General Santos City
|NCR||(to be announced)|
San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
QUALIFICATION / ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants must strictly meet the following qualification requirements:
- Filipino citizen;
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application;
- Of good moral character;
- Has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
- Has not taken the same level of Career Service Examination, regardless of mode, within the last three months before the date of examination:
|Date of Examination||3-month Prohibition Period on Taking the Same Level of Examination (regardless of mode)|
|August 6, 2017||May 6, 2017, to August 5, 2017|
- Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
Note: The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the Application Form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
a. Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
b. Colored, with white background
c. Taken within three (3) months prior to the filing of application
d. Printed on good quality photo paper
e. In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
f. In bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features; facial features not computer enhanced)
g. Showing left and right ears
h. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
i. With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
j. With HANDWRITTEN (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application), and contains the complete name [i.e. first name, middle name/initial (if applicable), last name, and extension name (if any], clear picture, date of birth (if any) and signature of the holder, and the name and signature of the issuing agency’s head/authorized representative (if any):
- Driver’s License;
- PRC License;
- SSS I.D.;
- GSIS I.D. (UMID);
- Voter’s I.D.;
- BIR I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
- PhilHealth I.D. (must, at the least, contain the holder’s name, clear picture, signature, and PhilHealth number);
- Current Company/Office I.D.;
- Current School I.D. (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester);
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Postal I.D.;
- Barangay I.D.; or
- NBI Clearance.
Note: All other I.D. cards not included in the above list shall NOT be accepted.
- For applicants without date of birth in their I.D. card/s, original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA, formerly National Statistics Office), or the Local Civil Registry (LCR) printed on Security Paper (SecPa)
- For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225, original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Reacquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00)
WHERE TO GET AND FILE APPLICATION FORMS
The application form is available at any CSC Regional/Field Office or may be downloaded from the CSC website: www.csc.gov.ph. The application form may be photocopied using legal size bond paper.
Applicants must personally file their applications at the CSC Regional Office (CSCRO), or at any of the CSCRO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination.
Note: Proper attire should be worn during filing of the application. SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, SHORT PANTS, and SLIPPERS are NOT allowed.
Examinees shall be informed of their places of examination (school assignment) through the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA).
Examinees are advised to have a print-out of their Notice of School Assignment using ONSA.
If examinees cannot access the ONSA and/or still do not know their school assignment one week before examination day, they should verify or inquire directly with the CSC Regional/Field Office concerned. A complete directory of CSC Regional/Field Offices nationwide is available at the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph.
Note: Examinees, as applicable, are advised to visit and have an ocular inspection of their assigned school at least one day before the examination day to familiarize them with the school’s location.
Examinees must be at their assigned school early on examination day. Testing venues shall be open to examinees starting 6 a.m.
On the other hand, GATES OF TESTING VENUES SHALL BE CLOSED TO EXAMINEES AT 7:30 a.m. Examinees that arrive later than 7:30 a.m. shall NOT be admitted.
Examinees must bring the following items:
a. I.D. card – preferably the same I.D. card presented during filing of application even if already expired by the time/date of examination. If the I.D. card to be presented for admission is different from the I.D. card presented during filing of application, the examinee must present any of the other accepted ID cards listed in Item D(3) above, in which case, the I.D. card must be valid (not expired);
- Note: The NO I.D., NO EXAMINATION Rule is strictly implemented.b. Original of PSA/LCR issued Birth Certificate printed on Security Paper (if I.D. card has no date of birth);c. Application Receipt with CSC Official Receipt (if available);d. Notice of School Assignment generated through ONSA (as applicable);e. Black Ball Pen/s; and. Water, or preferred beverage (except alcoholic beverage) placed in a clear/transparent container, and/or candies/biscuits, which shall be subject to inspection by the Room Examiner/Proctor.
NO I.D., NO EXAM
Failure to take the examination on your scheduled date shall mean forfeiture of your examination fee and slot. Re-scheduling of examination date is NOT allowed.
Bringing of cellular phones and any other gadgets, including smartwatches, calculators, wristwatches with calculator, books and other forms of printed materials and all other similar items, is NOT allowed. If brought, these shall be surrendered to the Room Examiners. Firearms, if any, must also be surrendered to the security guard/designated firearm custodian at the entrance gate of the school/testing venue.
Proper attire must be worn on examination day. SLEEVELESS SHIRT/ BLOUSE, SHORT PANTS, and SLIPPERS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
|Reference||Professional Level||SubProfessional Level|
|Scope of Examination||In English and Filipino:
||In English and Filipino:
|General information items on the following:
ÄCode of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713);
ÄPeace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts; and
ÄEnvironment Management and Protection.
|No. of Test Items||170||165|
|Time Limit||3 hours, 10 minutes||2 hours, 40 minutes|
|Test Proper||8 a.m. to 11:10 a.m.||8 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.|
|Time Required for Pre and Post Examination Activities/Documentation||Approximately one hour before and one hour after the test proper|
To pass the test, an examinee should get a general rating of at least 80.00.
RELEASE OF TEST RESULTS
The List of Passers shall be uploaded/posted on the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph within 41 days after the examination.
Note: Only the List of Passers posted on the CSC website is official. The CSC is not liable for any other postings on any other websites.
Examinees can generate their examination rating through OCSERGS or Online Civil Service Examination Result Generation System which can also be accessed through the CSC website. Generation of examination rating through OCSERGS shall be available approximately 15 days after the posting of the List of Passers.
Those who will pass should verify with the CSC Regional Office the availability of their Certification of Eligibility (CoE). A complete directory of the CSC Regional Offices is available at the CSC website.
Passers must personally claim their Certification. Representatives are not allowed to claim the same. Claiming of Certification shall be available approximately 30 days after the posting of the List of Passers.
The basic requirements in claiming the Certification are:
- I.D. card – preferably the same I.D. card presented during filing of application even if already expired by the time/date of claiming. If the I.D. card to be presented for claiming is different from the I.D. card presented during filing of application, the examinee must present any of the other accepted I.D. cards listed in Item D(3) above, in which case, the I.D. card must be valid (not expired); and
- Application Receipt with CSC Official Receipt (if available).
Note: The CSC Regional/Field Office may require additional document/s as necessary to establish the identity of the passers.
A corresponding Advisory on these matters shall be posted on the CSC website. For any other concerns on examination results including queries on examinee number, examinees must verify directly with the CSC Regional Office concerned. The CSC Regional Offices handle the release and distribution of the examination results and Certification of Eligibility.
RESULTING CIVIL SERVICE ELIGIBILITY
The civil service eligibility resulting from passing the CSE (Professional) shall be called Career Service Professional Eligibility. It is a second level eligibility appropriate for both first level (clerical) and second level (technical) positions in the government that do not involve the practice of a profession and are not covered by special/other laws.
The civil service eligibility resulting from passing the CSE (SubProfessional) shall be called Career Service SubProfessional Eligibility. It is a first level eligibility appropriate only for first level (clerical) positions in the government that do not involve the practice of a profession and are not covered by special/other laws.
|W A R N I N G
The Civil Service Commission uses a highly reliable system to detect cheats.
Any form of cheating in any civil service examination shall be a violation of Republic Act No. 9416, and any person found guilty shall be administratively and criminally liable. The forms of cheating are, as follows:
1. Use of crib sheets or “Codigo” containing codes in any form (written on any material or in digital form)