National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) pursuant to its constitutional mandate to administer and control the Philippine National Police (PNP), One of its duty is to conduct the nationwide PNP Entrance and Promotional Examinations twice a year.
The PNP Entrance Exam is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, physical and educational requirements. For those who pass the examination will appoint as Police Officer 1 (PO1) conferred by the Napolcom.
While the PNP Promotional Exams are open exclusively to all qualified uniformed members of the PNP who met the minimum qualification standards for examination in term of rank and eligibility. For those who pass the examination will promote from their current ranks corresponding to the examination’s Eligibility Rank Coverage (ERC).
PNP ENTRANCE EXAMINATION COVERAGE
The three (3) hour examination for PNP entrance exam is consisting of objective-type / multiple choice items covers the four subject areas:
General Information – includes: Philippine Constitution and History; PNP Law and History; Criminal Justice System; Current Events; and Social Awareness and Value Judgment.
Verbal Reasoning – includes: Vocabulary, Comprehension and Grammar.
Quantitative Reasoning – includes: Basic Concepts and Problem-Solving Skills
Logical Reasoning – the Verbal and non-verbal
PNP PROMOTIONAL EXAMINATION COVERAGE
The three (3) hour examination consists of objective type / multiple choice items for Police Officer, Senior Police Officer, Police lnspector and Police Superintendent examinations. Additional essay test items for Police lnspector and Police Superintendent Examinations. The following constitute the subject coverage:
|Examination Title||Subject Area|
|Police Officer and Senior Police Officers Exams||(Multiple-Choice Items)
|Police Inspector and Police Superintendent Exams||Part I. (Multiple-Choice Items)
Part II. (Essay Items)
- Current Events (national and international events and developments)
- Philippine Constitution
- Philippine History and History of the PNP (Significant Events, People and Places)
- Application of the Philippine Criminal Justice System
- Social Awareness
- Grammar Analysis
- Organizational Structure (Line of Authority)
- Personnel Policies and Procedures
- Complaints and Grievance Procedures (Basic Knowledge)
- Morale and Welfare
- Data Analysis
- Local Chief Executives Powers (vis-a-vis Police)
- NAPOLCOM vis-d-vis Police
- Civil Service Rules and Regulations
- Community and Service Oriented Policing (NAPOLCOM Res. No. 2015-342)
- Drills and ceremonies
- Police Operational Procedures (POP dated December 2013)
- Managing Police / Patrol Operations
- Traffic Management
- Laws and Jurisprudence related to police work
Values and Ethical Standards
- PNP Code of Ethical Standards / Protocols / Social Usage
- RA 6713 I RA 3019
- RA 9485 / Citizen’s Charter / Quality Service Lane
- Gender and Development
- PGS / PNP P.A.T.R O.L Plan 2030