The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) release the list of room / building/ school assignments of the examinees for February 2017 Medical Technologists (MedTech) Licensure Examination. It is also known as Medical Technologist board exam, List of room assignment is available in this site.
PRC together with Professional Regulatory Board of Medical Technology will administer the Medical Technologist Licensure Examination in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga on February 26 (Sunday) and 27 (Monday), 2017.
According to the Philippine Medical Technology Act of 1969. A Medical Technologists is a person that be deemed to be in the practice of medical technology, who shall for a fee, salary or other compensation or reward paid or given directly or indirectly through another, renders any of the following professional services for the purpose of aiding the physician in the diagnosis, study and treatment of diseases and in the promotion of health in general:
- Examination of tissues, secretions and excretions of the human body and body fluids by various electronic, chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic, hematologic, serologic, immunologic, nuclear, and other laboratory procedures and techniques either manual or automated;
- Blood banking procedures and techniques; 3. Parasitologic, Mycologic and Microbiologic procedures and techniques;
- Histopathologic and Cytotechnology; provided that nothing in this paragraph shall inhibit a duly registered medical laboratory technician from performing histopathologic techniques and procedures.
- Clinical research involving patients or human beings requiring the use of and/or application of medical technology knowledge and procedures;
- Preparations and standardization of reagents, standards, stains and others, provided such reagents, standards, stains and others are exclusively for the use of their laboratory;
- Clinical laboratory quality control;
- Collection and preservation of specimens
A person who engages in the work of medical technology under the supervision of a pathologist or licensed physician authorized by the Department of Health in places where there is no pathologist and who having passed the prescribed course (Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology/Bachelor of Science in Hygiene) of training and examination is registered under the provision of the Act.
The two (2) days examination, covered the following topics: Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Parasitology, Clinical Microscopy (Urinalysis and other body fluids), Hematology, Blood Banking and Serology, Histopathologic Techniques, Cytotechnology, Medical Technology Laws, Related Laws and its Implementing rules, and the Code of Ethics.
The members of the Board of Medical Technology who will administer the licensure examination are Dr. Marietta C. Baccay, Chairman; Ms. Marilyn R. Atienza and Ms. Marian M. Tantingco, Members.
As PRC reminders that all examinees are advised to be at their designated rooms before 6:30 in the morning on the first day of examination. Late examinees will not be admitted.
They are required to bring their Notice of Admission (NOA), applicant’s stub, official receipt, metered-stamped window mailing envelope, two or more pencils (No.2), black ball pens, long brown envelope and long plastic envelope. Examinees are required to wear their school uniform.
Things that are Prohibited inside the examination premises are the following: Books, notes, review and other printed materials containing date, information and formula. Gadget / devices like mobile phone, portable computers, programmable calculators. Bags of any kind. And other examination aides not stated in the examination program.
To receive an update about February 2017 Medical Technologists board exam results visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter. And you may bookmark this page for easy access.