SPLBE for Board Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (BLEPT) will conduct on September 16, 2016. In selected area of Riyadh, Jeddah and Al-Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Doha, Qatar; and Kuwait.
The program of the Teachers (LET) Board Exam as follows: (Date, Time and Subjects)
- September 16, 2016 (Friday) – Elementary Level
- 7:00 AM – 7:45 AM – General Instruction and Filling-up Forms
- 8:00 AM -10:00 AM – General Education
- 11:00 AM -2:00 PM – Professional Education
- September 16, 2016 (Friday) – Secondary Level
- 8:00 AM -10:00 AM – General Education
- 11:00 AM -2:00 PM – Professional Education
- 3:00 PM -6:30 PM – Specialization
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION FOR GENERAL EDUCATION
- ENGLISH (Study and Thinking Skills, Writing in the Discipline, Speech and Oral Communication, Philippine Literature, Master Works of the World)
- FILIPINO (Komunikasyon sa Akademikong Filipino, Pagbasa at Pagsulat tungo sa Pananaliksik, Masining na Pagpapahayag)
- MATHEMATICS (Fundamentals of Math, Plane Geometry, Elementary Algebra, Statistics and Probability)
- SCIENCE (Biological Science -General Biology; Physical Science – with Earth Science)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES (Philippine Government New Constitution with Human Rights; Philippine History; Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform; Society, Culture with Family Planning; Rizal and Other Heroes; Philosophy of Man; Arts; General Psychology; Information and Communication Technology)
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION FOR PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES)
- Teaching Profession, Social Dimensions of Education
- Principles of Teaching, Educational Technology, Curriculum Development
- Facilitating Learning, Child and Adolescent Development
- Assessment of Student Learning, Developmental Reading
- Field Study, Practice Teaching
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION IN THE FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION FOR SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES ONLY
- ENGLISH (Remedial Instruction in English; English for Specific Purposes; THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE: Introduction to Linguistics; Structure of English; Introduction of Stylistics; Literary Criticism; LITERATURE: Mythology and Folklore; Afro-Asian Literature; English and American Literature; METHODOLOGY: The Teaching of Speaking, Listening and Reading; Teaching of Literature; Preparation and Evaluation of Instructional Materials; Language and Literature Assessment; Language Research; Campus Journalism; Translation and Editing of Text; Speech and Stage Arts; Creative Writing;
- FILIPINO (MGA BATAYANG TEORETIKAL: Introduksyon sa Pag-aaral ng Wika; Panimulang Linggwistika, NILALAMAN: Wika; Panitikan; Metodolohiya, Pagtataya at Ebalwasyon, at Kagamitang Pangturo).
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (Biological Science I, Biological Science II, Inorganic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Ecology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Genetic and Evolution, Biochemistry and Anatomy and Physiology).
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES (INTRODUCTION-Nature of Science, Chemistry, Atomic and Molecular, Chemical Bonds, Conservation of Matter and Stoichichiometry, Gases, Liquids and Solids, Acids and Bases, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics and Equilibrium, Organic and Biochemistry, Nuclear Processes, PHYSICS: Physical Quantities and Vectors, Mechanics, Electricity, Magnetism, and electronics, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Light and Geometrics Optics, Earth and Space, Astronomy, and Environment.
- MATHEMATICS (Arithmetic & Number Theory and Business Math; Basic & Advanced Algebra; Plane and Solid Geometry; Trigonometry; Probability and Statistics; Analytical Geometry; Calculus; Modern Geometry, Linear and Abstract Algebra; History of Mathematics, Problem Solving, Mathematical Investigation, Instrumentation and Assessment.
- SOCIAL STUDIES/SOCIAL SCIENCES (Trends and Issues in Social Studies; Research; Geography; Sociology and Anthropology; Politics/Governance/Law-Related, History: World History and Civilization I; World History and Civilization II, Asian Studies; ECONOMICS: Micro-Macro Economics-Economic Planning and Strategies; METHODS: Teaching Approaches in Secondary Social Studies; Productions of Instructional Materials for Social Studies; Building Bridges Across Social science Discipline ( MAKABAYAN as a core learning area in Basic Education); ASSESSMENT: Assessment and Evaluation in the Social Sciences/Social Studies.
- VALUES EDUCATION (FOUNDATION OF VALUES EDUCATION: 1. Philosophical and Ethical Foundations of VE; 2. Socio-Cultural, Anthropological & Legal Bases of VE; Psychological Theories of Values Development; PERSONHOOD DEVELOPMENT: Personhood Development; 2. Dynamics of Intra and Interpersonal Relations; 3. Psycho-Spiritual Development; 4. Management of Behavior Problems; TRANSFORMATIVE EDUCATION (SOURCES OF VALUES AND FACTORS IN VALUES ED): 1. Family Life and Filipino Values System; 2. Education for Human Rights and Responsible Citizenship; 3. Foundations of Gender Studies; 4. Peace and Global Education; 5. Information Technology and Human Development; 6. Moral Issues and Concerns in Contemporary Living; WORK ETHICS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE: COMMITMENT TO SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY: 1. Career Development and Work Values; 2. Values Education through Community Service; APPROACHES AND METHODOLOGIES: 1. Facilitation: Theory and Practice; 2. Teaching Approaches and Strategies in Transformative Education; 3. Values Integration in the School Setting; RESEARCH AND EVALUATION: 1. Behavioral Statistics, 2. Development of VE Instruction Materials and Assessment Tools, 3. Research in VE.
- MAPEH (Foundations of MAPEH; Methods and Strategies of Teaching MAPEH; Coaching and Officiating of Sports Events, Dance Competitions and Music Activities; Organization and Management, Research, Special Education in MAPEH. PHYSICAL EDUCATION: Anatomical, Mechanical and Physiological Bases of Movement; GYMNASTICS: Philippine Folkdance; Team SPORTS, Aquatics; International Folk Dance and Other Dance Forms; Athletics, Individual, Dual and Combative Sports. HEALTH EDUCATION: Personal Community, Environmental Health, Safety Education and First Aid. Health Practicum. MUSIC: Philippine and Asian Music; Solfeggio and Applied Piano, Integrated Music Theory, Music Literature, Choral Works and Conducting and Rondalla Playing Instrumentation. ART EDUCATION
- AGRICULTURE AND FISHERY ARTS (Functional Application of Knowledge, Breeds of Farm Animals and Fish, Pests and Diseases Affecting Animals and Fish Propagation, Marketing Strategies in the Industry/Entrepreneurship, and Proper Care and Management of Agricultural and Fishery Products). 10. TECHNOLOGY AND LIVELYHOOD EDUCATION (Basic Drafting, Business Math, Basic Electricity, Basic Plumbing, Cosmetology, Foods, Carpentry and Masonry, Basic Electronics and Entrepreneurship).
TO PASS THE EXAMINATION, AN EXAMINEE MUST OBTAIN AN AVERAGE RATING OF NOT LESS THAN 75% AND MUST HAVE NO RATING LOWER THAN 50% IN ANY OF THE TESTS
Applicants for Teachers (LET) licensure exam are likewise informed on the following general instructions:
- Confirmed applicants will pay the examination fee of US $40.00 and PhP25.00 for documentary stamps. The Notice of Admission will be issued at the testing centers;
- Bring original documents for final evaluation and 4 pieces passport size pictures with nametag;
- Bring the following on examination day:
- Two or more pencils (No.1 or 2)
- Ballpens with BLACK ink only
- One piece long brown envelope
- One piece long transparent/plastic envelope
- Non-programmable calculator
- The following are STRICTLY PROHIBITED inside the examination premises/rooms:
- Books, notes, review materials and other printed materials containing coded data/information/ formula
- Programmable Calculators
- Cellular Phones, ear plugs, transmitters, portable computers, and other electronic gadgets
- Bags of any kind (place your documents inside the transparent/plastic envelope)
- Other examination aides not stated on the program shall not be brought inside the examination building.
Link below are other SPLBE Programs:
- Architects (ALE)
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Civil Engineers
- Electronics Engineers (EE/ECE)
- Electronics Technicians
- Environmental Planners
- Master Plumbers
- Mechanical Engineers (ME)
- Certified Plant Mechanics (CPM)
- Nurses (NLE)
- Radiologic Technologists (Radtech)
- Respiratory Therapists (RT)
- Registered Electrical Engineers (REE)
- Registered Master Electricians (RME)
- X-Ray Technologists
Source: PRC Website
For more updates in September 2016 Special Professional Licensure Board Examination (SPLBE) Teachers (LET) Board Exam results please always visit philboardresults.com.