The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announces the nationwide conduct of the October 26, 2014 Career Service Examination – Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) also known as Civil Service Examination for Professional and Sub-Professional Levels.
Objectives of the examinations is to establish a Register of Eligibles from which certification and appointment to first and second level positions in the civil service shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
Period of filing applications of the said examination is until April 7, 2014 to September 11, 2014. Acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis. Applications may no longer be accepted before the deadline if the target number of applicants has already been reached by the CSC Regional/Field Offices.
- List of Testing Centers
- Scope of Examinations
- Passing Grade
- Admission Requirements
- Application Requirements
- Where to get and File Applications Forms
- Examination Permits
- What to Bring on Examination Day
- Important Reminders
- List of Examinees Room & School Assignments
- CSE-PPT Exam Results
LIST OF TESTING CENTERS
|Regional Office No.||Location|
|I||San Fernando City, La Union
Dagupan City, Pangasinan
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
|II||Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
|III||City of San Fernando, Pampanga
Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
City of Malolos, Bulacan
|IV||Batangas City, Batangas
Lucena City, Quezon
Sta. Cruz, Laguna
Dasmariñas City, Cavite
Bacoor City, Cavite
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
|V||Legazpi City, Albay
Naga City, Camarines Sur
Masbate City, Masbate
|VI||Iloilo City, Iloilo
|VII||Cebu City, Cebu
Tacloban City, Leyte
|X||Cagayan De Oro City|
Lamitan City, Basilan
SCOPE OF THE EXAMINATIONS
The Career Service Examinations shall cover the following subject areas:
- For Professional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning.
- For SubProfessional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, spelling, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning.
Both Professional and SubProfessional levels of the examination shall have items on General Information, which shall include the following areas: Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection.
To pass the test, the examinees should get a general rating of at least 80.00.
Applicants are advised to check carefully whether they meet the admission requirements stated below. Only those who meet the admission requirements should apply for the examination. Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification. Accordingly, the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Must be Filipino citizen;
- Must be at least 18 years of age on the date of filing of application;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government; and
- Must not have taken the same level of CS Examination in less than three (3) months or from July 26, 2014 to October 25, 2014.
- Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty of grave offenses, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 52 (a) of the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
- Those who have already passed the same level of examination or a comparable level of examination given by the Professional Regulation Commission, as well as passers of Board/Bar examinations, and those who graduated with honors in their bachelor’s degree need not apply.
- Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised November 2012). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
- Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application.
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- In bare face (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- With full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name (if any), and signature over printed name
Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted)
IDs with lacking information, particularly the applicant’s date of birth, SHOULD be supported by Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00).
WHERE TO GET AND FILE APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are available at any CSC Regional/Field Offices. The same may be downloaded from the CSC website: www.csc.gov.ph.
Application forms may be reproduced in legal size bond paper provided the same format is followed. Applicants may file their applications in any of the CSC Regional/Field Offices.
Qualified applicants shall be notified of their places of examination (school assignment) through an Application Receipt or a Notice of Assignment. They can also use the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA), two (2) weeks before examination day, to get a print-out of their Notice of Assignment. To use this system, examinees should log on to the CSC website and go to the Examination Announcement webpage, or type the following path: http://webapp.csc.gov.ph/ExamAssign/ExamAssign.htm in the address bar of their browser.
If applicants still do not know their school assignment or cannot access the Online Notice of School Assignment one (1) week before the examination day, they should inquire their school assignment from the CSC Regional/Field Office where they filed their application.
WHAT TO BRING ON EXAMINATION DAY
Applicants should bring the following on examination day:
- Application Receipt or Notice of School Assignment
- Lead Pencil/s (No. 1 or 2) and eraser/s
- Ball Pen (Black or Blue)
- The same valid ID card/s presented during the application stage (i.e. Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance)
N O I D, N O E X A M
Failure to take the examination on your scheduled date shall mean forfeiture of your examination fee and slot. No request for re-scheduling is allowed.
All personal belongings including cellular phones, calculators, other electronic gadgets, books, and printed materials must be surrendered to the Room Examiners. Firearms, if any must also be surrendered to the security guard/designated firearm custodian at the entrance gate of the testing center.
Proper attire should be worn during filing of application form, and on examination day. APPLICANTS/EXAMINEES SHOULD NOT BE IN SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, OR IN SHORT PANTS, OR IN SLIPPERS.
W A R N I N G
The Civil Service Commission uses a highly reliable system to detect cheats. Any form of cheating in any civil service examination shall be considered a violation of Republic Act No. 9416 (Anti-Cheating Law), and any person found guilty shall be administratively and criminally liable.
The forms of cheating are, as follows:
- Use of crib sheets or “codigo” containing codes in any form (written on any material or in digital form)
- Employing a “poste” or a person inside or outside of the examination room who may or may not be an examinee but provides examinees with answers
- Collusion of whatever nature between examinees and examination personnel
- Examinee number switching
- Possession and/or use of fake Certificate of Eligibility
- Such other acts of similar nature which facilitate the passing of examination
Date Issued: March 19, 2014
For more updates in 2014 Civil Service Examination – Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) please always visit philboardresults.com.