The list of examinees room assignments for August 2014 Marine Engineer Officers Licensure Examinations (Theoretical) also known as August 2014 Marine Engineer Officers Board Exams (Written) for Management Level – Chief and Second Marine Engineer Officers and for Operational Level – Officer-In-Charge of an Engineering Watch (OIC-EW) is posted here.
The said Examinations are to be given by the Professional Regulatory Board of Marine Engineer Officers and Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), held on August 7 & 8, 2014 in two testing centers.
The two (2) days examination covers the following subjects: Function 1 – Marine Engineering, Function 2 – Electrical, Electronics and Control Engineering 3 – Maintenance and Repair and Function 4 – Controlling the Operation of the Ship and Care for Persons On Board.
- To pass the written examination, an examinee must obtain a weighted general average rating of at least seventy percent (70%), with no grade lower than sixty (60%) in any given subject.
- To pass the practical assessment, an examinee must obtain a grade of at least seventy percent (70%); and
- To pass the licensure examination for marine officers, an examinee must obtain a weighted general average rating of at least seventy percent (70%) in both the written examination and the grade in the practical assessment with the following equivalent:
- 70% for the Written Examination; and
- 30% for the Practical Assessment
- An examinee in the written examination who obtained a weighted general average rating of at least seventy percent (70%) but obtained a grade lower than sixty (60%) in any subject, shall be considered Conditioned and must take the written examination in the subject/s where he obtained a grade lower than sixty percent(60%) within a period of two (2) years from the last examination taken. The examinee shall be deemed to have failed in the examination should he fail to take the examination in the subjects/s where he obtained a grade lower than sixty percent (60%) within a period of two (2) years from the last examination taken; Provided, that if such examinee fails to obtain a grade of at least sixty (60%) in the subject/s re-examined, he shall be considered to have failed in both examinations which shall however be deemed as one failure for purposes of the immediately succeeding section; and
- An examinee in the practical assessment who obtained a grade lower than seventy percent (70%) in the practical assessment, shall be considered to have failed and shall take the subsequent practical assessment.
Re-examination – An examinee who failed to pass the written examination or practical assessment for the third time, shall be allowed to take another examination only after the lapse of one year from the last written examination/practical assessment taken.
- Your school/building assignments will be posted at the PRC premises two or three working days before the examination. Bring your Notice of Admission when you verify your school/building assignment. Visit you school/building assignments prior to the day of the examination.
- Report to the school/building assignment before 6:30 A.M. on the first day of examination to verify your room and seat number. Be punctual, late examinees will not be admitted.
- Examinees are required to wear the proper uniform (with corresponding shoulder board and proper haircut) per Resolution No. 311 dated May 18, 1994.
- Bring the Following on examination day:
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- One (1) piece metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- Two or more pencils (No. 2)
- Ball pens with BLACK ink only
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuable and other allowed items)
- The following are PROHIBITED inside the examination premises/rooms.
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula.
- PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATORS
- CELLULAR PHONES, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices.
- Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bags, attache’ case, backpacks, etc.)
- Other examination aids not stated on this program shall not be brought inside the examination building.
- Read carefully and follow the instruction on your Notice of Admission and Examination Guide.
NOTE: PRC WILL NOT BE ANSWERABLE FOR PROHIBITED ITEMS THAT WILL BE LOST.
For more updates of room assignments in August 2014 Marine Engineer Officers Licensure Examination (Management Level – Chief and Second Marine Engineer Officers and for Operational Level – Officer-In-Charge of an Engineering Watch (OIC-EW)), please always visit philboardresults.com.
You can also view here the August 2014 Marine Engineer Officers Board Exam results once officially released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).