Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces the room/building assignments of December 2013 Dental Technologists Licensure Examination also known as December 2013 Dental Technologists Board Exam is posted here.
The examination will be held on December 9 ,2013 (Written) & December 10 & 11, 2013 (Practical) in Manila. This post will update as soon as possible, once the PRC posted the official room assignments.
Room Assignments – Written:
Room Assignments – Practical:
The two (2) days board exam covered the following topics:
Written / Theoretical Exams – Tuesday, December 9, 2013
- Basic Medical and Dental Sciences ( includes: Facial, Oral, and Dental Anatomy (Anatomy and function of the pertinent human structures as references in the fabrication of dental prostheses) Occlusion and Articulation ( One of the fundamental dental sciences and uses, handling and infection control; should include major materials for all conventional restorations and services involved in lab technology; e.g. gypsum materials, waxes, alloys, impression materials, ceramics etc.; Fundamentals of Dental Laboratory Procedures )).
- Examinations on Ethics and Professionalism ( includes: Understanding the Law (Responsibilities and duties, relationships between the dentists and patients, etc.; the Dental Law) Communication Exam (Interpretation of lab prescriptions and instructions of the dentist; how to reply; basic terms and definitions) Laboratory Management )
- Removable Prosthodontics ( includes: Complete Dentures (Principles in complete denture fabrication; Techniques and essential procedures in complete denture fabrication; Specific dental lab materials and equipment) Removable Partial Dentures ( Principles in orthodontic appliances; Techniques and essential procedures in orthodontic; Specific lab materials and equipment; Surgical stents, implants guide etc.))
- Fixed Prosthodontics ( includes: Inlays, Onlays, Posts, Fabrication (Principles, techniques, etc.) Crown and bridge Fabrication (Principles, design and techniques in fabrication; Dental materials used in fixed prosthodontics) Special Restorations in Fixed Prosthodontics (Principles, techniques, etc.; Metal free restorations – indirect composite/polymer restorations; Implant prosthodontics; Attachments ))
Practical Exams – Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Complete Denture Fabrication – ( Cast preparation; outlining, relieving and post damming; denture/record base fabrication; Occlusion rim constructions and mounting; denture teeth arrangement, gingival wax-up; Processing, laboratory remount, polishing)
- Complete Denture Fabrication (Master cast preparation, surveying, measuring undercuts, undercut marking, blocking out, Relieving and wax trimming; following a prescription and instruction interpretation Designing; wax pattern, spruing and investing, castling, metal fitting and polishing.)
- Wire Bending – (Hawley appliance)
Practical Exams – Tuesday, December 11, 2013
- Fixed Partial Denture Fabrication – ( Die fabrication – one (1) unit and three (3) units FPD; mounting; wax pattern – three (3) units PFM; spruing/investing; metal fitting and calibration of metal thickness; Ceramic build up – anatomy, baking single firing and multiple firing; contouring; glazing)
- Metal Free Restoration – (Fabrication of indirect composite restoration – one (1) unit.)
- Your school/building assignment will be posted at the PRC premises one or two days before the examination. Bring your Notice of Admission when you verify your school/building assignment. Visit your school/building assignment prior to the day of the examination.
- Report to the school/building assignment before 6:30 A.M. on the first day of examination to verify your room and seat number. Be punctual, late examinees will not be admitted. Examination fee of ABSENT examinees will be forfeited.
- Examinees are required to wear the following their school uniform per Res. No. 311 dated May 18, 1994.
- Bring the following on examination day:
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- One (1) piece metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- Two or more pencils (No. 2)
- Ball pen with BLACK ink only
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent (non-colored) plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items)
- The following are PROHIBITED inside the examination premises/rooms
- Books, notes, review materials and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula.
- PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATORS
- CELLULAR PHONES, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices.
- Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bags, attache case, backpacks, etc.)
- Other examination aides not stated on this program shall not be brought inside the examination building
NOTE: PRC will not be Responsible for prohibited items that will be lost.
- Read carefully and follow the instruction on your Notice of Admission and EXAMINEES GUIDE.
Source: PRC website
For more updates of room assignments in December 2013 Dental Technologists Licensure Examination, please always visit philboardresults.com.
You can also view here the December 2013 Dental Technologists Board Exam results.